ERP SOLUTION FOR THE PRODUCTION AND PROCESSING OF ROLLED GOODS
Rolled goods and processing of materials in rolls are as omnipresent as they are varied. This includes the production of forms, non-woven fabrics, wallpapers, packaging materials, technical appliances such as adhesive goods or even film production and flooring to name but a few.
FWI’s solution for the production and processing of rolled goods specialises in the similarities of a variety of industries and sectors.
1. The production processes:
Finished goods and raw materials are manufactured or processed in rolls.
2. The processing steps:
a. Combining worksteps, especially printing, laminating and lining, varnishing, pasting, hot foiling and stamping.
b.Separating worksteps where, according to the intended use, several rolls of constant length are created from one roll or cutting leads to shortened rolls, sheets or individual pieces.
Customer-specific requirements on packaging, its different packaging levels and labelling.
- Avoiding incorrect or wrong deliveries
- Less customer complaints due to correct packaging and labelling
- Uninterrupted and transparent handling of complaints
Adherence to delivery dates
- Reduction of planning efforts
- Increased customer loyalty due to adherence to deadlines
- More flexibility when planning customer orders
- Less material consumption and more efficient production
- Simple analysis of production data
- Increase of profitability with continuous planning
The solution for roll production, the production and processing of rolled goods, includes industry-relevant add-on modules and functions. In addition to the standard ERP processes, the solution supports the following areas:
- Product cockpit: allows simple and transparent product configuration and calculation
- Sales planning: forecasting at the aggregate product level and integration into materials requirement planning
- Planning control panel: flexible planning tool for production
- Combination orders: order processing for production at optimal cost
- Operating data logging: user interface for accurate production feedback and material consumption
- Tool management: planning and management of utilised tools
- Packaging and labelling: management of order-specific requirements
- WIP management: management of semi-finished goods (work in progress)
- Prepress cockpit: prepress integrated in production
- Quotation costing: order-independent quick calculation
- Unit conversion: automatic calculation of conversion factors
- Colour and varnish management